Nola StoryCon is intended to be a fun, informative conference where all attendees and participants are treated with respect. With that goal in mind, we are adopting RWA’s (Romance Writers of America) anti-harassment policies, copied with permission. Thus, Nola StoryCon will NOT tolerate the following:
• offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion
• deliberate intimidation, stalking, inappropriate photography or recording
• sustained disruption of talks, panels, or other events
• public broadcasting of others’ private or sensitive information without explicit consent
• inappropriate physical contact
• unwelcome sexual attention.
If you experience any of the above, please report it to a Nola StoryCon staff member at once. Consequences of engaging in such harassing behavior can include:
- A verbal warning from the staff where the attendee will be required to immediately stop their harassment.
- Expulsion from the conference without a refund.
- Being banned from future Nola StoryCons.
Thank you for your cooperation.